People love to wear Yeezy slides. They look so comfortable, have a minimalist aesthetic in terms of design, and effortlessly blend ‘’comfort, style and versatility’’.
If you have a bunch of Yeezy slides, it is a must for you to clean them regularly. Please keep them in a top-notch condition and lengthen their lifespan. On this platform, you can check out the comprehensive guide on how to clean Yeezy slides.
The general way is to prepare a cleaning solution by mixing warm water and soap and scrubbing the stubborn, dirty, greasy marks with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Dry them with a microfiber cloth. Some prefer using vinegar or toothpaste as they are considered effective home remedies. Other details are mentioned below:
What are Yeezy slides?
Yeezy slides have become the much-loved sandals these days. Since their launch in 2019, their craze and love has increased.
This respective footwear remains injected with EVA foam to keep the structure lightweight and durable. In addition, the soft top layer embedded in the footbed brings in additional comfort while you walk. The outsole is precisely engineered to ensure traction and optimal flexibility.
Guide to clean Yeezy slides
Whether you have Yeezy slides, Yeezy 700, Yeezy 350, White Yeezy, Yeezy 500, or Yeezy foam runners- the guide below applies to all!
The important thing you should remember is to use water-repellant cleaner because the upper part of these shoes is made of suede materials, and putting water might bring wear and tear.
You need a soft-bristled toothbrush, mild cleaning detergent, warm water, a microfiber cloth, a mixing bowl, a multi-purpose stain remover, and a rolled-up towel.
The first step is to prepare the Yeezy slides. Remove all loose dirt and debris. In this way, the dirt will not unnecessarily spread. What you need to do is tap the slides together and loosen the debris and stubborn mud particles that are being stuck. You can use a soft bristle toothbrush to access each and every nook and cranny of the Yeezy slides.
The next step is to prepare a cleaning solution. You can either make it on your own or buy it from the shop.
A few options are available, like mixing warm water and soap, which gives you a great soapy/cleaning solution. Just dip the soft cloth into the cleaning solution and scrub the stained spots in a circulation motion.
Some people like using a sneaker cleaner because it is specifically designed and formulated to clean shoes made of delicate materials, like we have Yeezy slides. These cleaners are more effective in removing stains without damaging the shoe’s fabric and color.
If you notice that some spots and greasy marks are still there, in this situation, let the solution remain seated on the Yeezy slides for some time. This practice will break down the dirt. In addition, you must continue scrubbing until and unless the stain is gone.
Rinse the shoes with clean water and let them air dry. There should not be any traces or residue of the cleaning solution, so beware!
Please place them in a well-ventilated area and allow them to air-dry naturally. Furthermore, never expose them to direct heat sources like the sun, heater, or hairdryer.
It is recommended to insert tissue paper or newspaper inside the Yeezy slides to maintain their shape. 24 hours is needed at least to let them dry completely. The drying factor also depends on the material and climate.
More tips on cleaning and maintaining Yeezy slides
- Regularly brushing the Yeezy slides is a must! Just gently brush them and remove dirt and debris if there is any. This will restore their overall look, appearance, and original shine.
- It is suggested to apply a leather conditioner to restore and moisturize the slides’ fabric. It will keep them soft, comfy, and supple, protecting the material for the longest time.
- Use good-quality protectant spray to prevent dirt stains and liquid spots from damaging your shoes.
- Store them in a cool and dry place.
- Avoid stacking these shoes; this will cause creasing or ruin their shape over time.
- The soles of Yeezy slides are very delicate. It is strongly suggested to apply a sole protector to ensure additional protection and prevent them from getting stained or scuffed.
How to clean Yeezy slides using white distilled vinegar?
You can now look at the procedure for cleaning Yeezy slides using vinegar. It is a tried and tested home remedy that has done wonders and proved to be really effective in maintaining the quality, fabric, color, and texture of these shoes.
- Get a bowl and mix one part of warm water and two parts of white distilled vinegar.
- Mix both of them thoroughly.
- Dip a soft cloth into the solution and gently rub it onto the stained parts.
- Continue rubbing the cloth in a circular motion until all stains and spots are gone.
- Rinse them with clean water and let them air dry.
How to clean Yeezy slides with toothpaste?
There is another excellent remedy that you can try out for cleaning Yeezy slides, and that is using toothpaste. It involves a spot-cleaning method and helps you get rid of all stuck-on stains and greasy marks in one go. So, let us check out the details of how this process is conducted:
- Get white gel toothpaste and apply a small amount to your Yeezy slides’ scuff marks.
- Take a soft bristle toothbrush and scrub the paste in a circular motion.
- You will see that the scuff marks will start to disappear.
- Take a damp, soft cloth and wipe away the toothpaste.
- Let the shoes air-dry; voila, you are done!
Understanding of different materials used in Yeezy slides and the basic way to clean them
- EVA foam is a lightweight and highly durable material that ensures flexibility and cushioning. You can clean it using warm water and mild soap. Avoid putting extra pressure and excessive force because it will degrade the foam.
- Rubber is used in the straps and outsoles. You can wipe clean it using a damp cloth. Some prefer using a rubber cleaner or mild detergent if there are stubborn stains.
- Synthetic materials like polyester and polyurethane are used on the upper part of Yeezy slides. You can clean them by preparing a mild soap and water solution and never apply harsh chemicals.
- Some textile materials, like mesh, cotton, or fleece, are also used in making these shoes. You must use a gentle detergent and spot-clean them. Never submerge them in water.
How do you get rid of the stinky odor from Yeezy slides?
It always turns out to be a very embarrassing experience when our shoes stink a lot. What to do in this situation? We have easy-to-follow remedies that can help you out.
The first expert-suggested remedy is to air out the Yeezy slides as much as possible. Keep them in a well-ventilated area and provide them with a fresh breath of air. This way, your slides will definitely smell good!
The other way is to use baking soda. Apply it all over your shoes overnight and remove the pungent and stinky odor. Follow this practice after every 3 to 4 days.
Are Black Yeezy slides waterproof?
Yes, Black Yeezy slides are waterproof. They do not get affected by moisture. You can put them on while taking a shower or wear them around the swimming pool.
Do Yeezy slides break in or stretch over time?
Yeezy slides are made of premium quality EVA foam rubber. They do not break in or stretch that much over time. It is recommended to order one size large if you have wide feet.
Can you wash Yeezy slides in the washing machine?
You must not wash Yeezy slides in the washing machine. They are made of delicate materials. Putting them in a washing machine will ruin their texture and fabric.
Thus, that is all about the guide to cleaning Yeezy slides. You can share with us your cleaning routine, hacks, and practices. No wonder, these sandals are an expensive purchase, so take the best and maximum care of them. Stay tuned for more updates.
I’m Richard Gravener, founder and editor of Bootzine. I have 19 plus years as Safety Officer in the construction industry. I have been qualified as a Safety Inspector since December of 2000, and have been a Workplace Safety Coordinator/Advisor since September of 2008.
Workplace safety First – Therefore, it’s crucial for workers to have good footwear to protect their feet from different dangers at work! On this blog, I aim to share all my knowledge and expertise in dealing with workplace safety, especially in choosing the right footwear for different jobs and foot care, hopefully, you can get something out of it. Enjoy!